Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sore today after 1000 steps

Not trying to turn this into 'Fitness Fi' but I thought I'd write about our exercise yesterday. We walked from our house to the 1000 steps and up the hill to the start of the steps. We took turns pushing the pram and Stew had the youngest on him, in a sling. At the start of the steps, we parted company. Stew went up the steps and down again whereas I, who couldn't go up them due to the pram, walked down the hill to the arch/playground and then up to the bottom of the steps. I met Stew coming down the start of the hill, so he waited for me to go up to the start of the steps again, and then down. With a pram, that hill was a killer! 

All in all:
  • we walked 7.2kms (according to Stew's iPhone)
  • we walked for 1 hour and 48 mins
  • I burnt 873 calories (according to my HR monitor, set for my height/weight)
  • My heart rate averaged between 135 and 168 (according to my HR monitor)

Stretched afterwards but am still sore today. Couldn't do that everyday but it was good to have a big exercise burst like that.

Pushing the pram up the hills was hard. Poor Stew and the baby got so sweaty as she was against his chest. Showers for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment