Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chinese dinner blues

It's 6.15pm. At 7.30pm tonight, am going to have dinner at a Chinese restaurant with my ABA (Australian Breastfeeding Association) friends.

Even though I'm going for walks nearly every day, I can't be bothered going into my daughter's room and retrieving 'Sweet Poison Quit Plan' to see what I can eat there. Well, I haven't yet but I probably will. [Have lent the book to her as she's only 17. She's my oldest child, of the 5. If she can implement it now, think of the fructose/damage she'll avoid. Yay!]

From memory, he says not to eat Thai (as their sauces etc have a lot of sugar) etc and if you eat Chinese, try and avoid Satay, for similar reasons, I think.

However, the ABA group went there in December last year, for the Christmas outing, and their Beef Satay is to die for.

Should I just have it and think, "Well, it's only every so often as I just about never get to eat out" or should I have something else?

Will go and check the book but even if he does say to not have it, will I succumb to it once I'm there as they cook a delicious Satay Beef? Woe is me! What to do?

Have been doing it for 5 weeks now. Loving it. If I feel hungry, I eat and yet I still lose weight. This is no yucky diet where you starve and obsess about food. Mind you, I did think a little too much about the humble avocado, as I previously shared, but I've got that more in perspective. It's not good to be 'in love' with a food, is it? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment