Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nearly starved by late dinner

Yesterday, I was in a quandry about the Satay Beef. Nothing else grabbed me, on the menu, so I had the Satay Beef after all. Did look at the Quit Plan before I left and it said that satay had 22 fructose. Blah! Naughty satay! Why taste so yummy and be bad for me? Probably the sugar in it appeals to me, I guess. I love peanut butter so that's most likely why.



I've been trying to eat early in the night so I have a big break from eating overnight. Well before 8pm if possible. Usually, we have dinner early - around 6 - so that's usually possible. Occasionally, we'll have popcorn or potato crisps while watching a DVD after 8pm but that's not that often.

However, last night, we got to the restaurant by 7.30pm. Then, had to wait for everybody to arrive and then order. As some people got banquets, I had to wait forever for them to bring out my Satay Beef. (Hate it that they make you wait until those people are a few courses in. I would've been happy to just sit there without eating once I'd finished. I had to do that anyway, as I finished well before their last course.) I didn't get it until 8.30pm. I nearly ate the leg of the person next to me, while waiting, as I was that hungry. I hadn't eaten since lunch, bar a peach for arvo tea. (Lunch was pumpkin soup and 2 slices toast, stuck together in a sandwich, with butter and roast beef sliced meat) I was sooo hungry.

Maybe I still have false ideas from the days of reading "How to lose weight" articles/health articles in magazines - Not that I ever did their diets as they were too prescriptive - but I think it's better not to eat too late at night so your body gets a rest from digestion while it sleeps. (I know it'll still be digesting food but not freshly eaten food at 10pm etc)

Still having those lovely flavoured teas we bought however, breastfeeding mums should have a maximum of 200mg of caffeine per day and tea can have between 20-200mg. Apparently, the loose leaf teas have more caffeine than tea bags. Bother! Probably means that just one mug is the maximum or even over.



Every morning, if I have a lemon handy (which is usually), I am coping well without honey in my mug of boiled water with 1/2 lemon squeezed into it. I didn't think I'd be able to drink it without honey but the lemon taste is bearable. Good for your body to have this, apparently. I believe that this helps give me less colds. They say that you should have it before eating, so it helps with digestion, but I have to have breaky pretty fast in the mornings, due to baby's needs, so I can't do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment