Saturday, March 19, 2011

Re-evaluation week

What a week I've had! Weight issues really made me consider carefully my reasons for doing this.

Say, I weighed...let's pick some fantasty figure out of the air...55kgs when this started. I then got down to, say, 51.6. So that's comparitively, the 3.5kgs loss I reported to you. Then, it went down to 51.3 last Monday. I thought, as I wrote in the blog, "Oh well, 300gms is better than nothing, or a weight gain." Then, for the next few days the scales were all over the place. I only write down what I weigh, once a week, but hop on most days now, just outta curiosity. It went up to 51.8, then 52kgs etc. Finally, on Friday, it went down to 50.8, and today it was 50.6. Who knows what it'll be by Monday, when I have to write it down again. I only bought the scales a few weeks ago. I was wondering if they were faulty? Was I all clogged up inside so the weight only went down when that all unblogged itself? (I hadn't felt constipated or anything???)

I must say I was quite depressed when the scales showed a weight gain for a few days. I was wondering what was going on. I felt like a big pig or something, who eats too much, and despaired of ever losing more weight. As I've said, I'm not really concentrating on cutting down carbs much yet so I began to wonder if it was time. I've been walking a lot more. Maybe I've developed more muscle and muscle weighs more than fat??? I wondered many things and worried myself about it all.

Then, I made myself re-evaluate my whole reason for doing this. Is it weight loss or health? I have to say that it's mainly for health reasons so even if the weight loss halted forever, I'd be happier with the few kgs lost as I'd not be risking dementia, CVD, dental decay etc [All of the nasty things Gillespie links with sugar in his books] I had to get a grip of myself and say that the weight loss is sure to continue. I knew it'd be slow so what am I worrying about. I visited some of the other blogs that Gillespie 'advertises' on his Sweet Poison FB page, and in one of them, someone said that she lost nothing for the first month and then it started to gradually come off. So, maybe one can hit a little plateau patch, for a while, and shouldn't despair??? It took Gillespie himself 2 years to lose his 40kgs. Be patient, Fi, be patient!

I don't want to return to the sugary piggy I was. Sure, I have the odd brief moment of longing when someone mentions a former favourite treat of mine but am feeling better and doing well, overall. It'll slowly get there, I hope. I'm definitely eating less and feeling full much more often. Still have those times when I want to eat for...I don't know...just because I feel like it etc However, I can't expect a lifetime of incorrect eating to just change instantly. I don't even realise that I'm doing some bad habits so I must allow for discovery and time to change.

2 comments:

  1. I've only been losing around 300gms p/wk (and I'm breastfeeding!not fair) but I am a "habitual snacker" and that is really hard to break. I'm sure we'll get there soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never lose weight when b'feeding either. Am currently feeding two babies but it never helps...

    ReplyDelete