Monday, February 28, 2011

Hungry...or...thirsty??? (or tired!)

Today, I had porridge for breakfast, with milk, a cut-up pear, Brewer's Yeast, Wheat Germ and some cinammon sprinkled on top (Still missing honey on it, even though cinammon is nice)

Made up my two big mugs of herbal tea and a mug with hot water and 1/2 lemon squeezed in as I do every morning. They were too hot to drink before I went to ABA (Australian Breastfeeding Association) coffee morning/playgroup, so I only had about half a glass of water with my vitamins etc

For some reason, I was absolutely starving before I left! Tried to ignore it. Had nothing to eat or drink at ABA. Ignored hunger there.

Got home starving. Made up a croissant with butter and cheese and then had two slices of toast with butter and peanut butter. Was still starving.

I then saw my 2 herbal teas and hot water with lemon on the bench and remembered something I read recently. I heard that we are often thirsty but mistake it for hunger. So, I drank all 3 big mugs to try and see if that helped.

After a while, I felt OK. Not really full or anything but OK. Not starving hungry. I was probably just thirsty and didn't realise.

Have been trying to sip water this arvo, as well.

For arvo tea, had most of an apple (shared some with Amy), 2 handfuls of nuts and seeds (picked out the currants for Amy as they're dried fruit!) and a small glass of milk. Stew is making handburgers for dinner.

Wonder if I'll get hungry after dinner? If so, maybe we'll make up popcorn?

Annalise, the youngest, has been waking a lot overnight for feeds, like a newborn. I've been feeling not too bad but today it has caught up with me. Last night, I didn't sleep well anyway, then had Annalise waking, the cat meowing, kids slamming the gate on the stairs this morning so waking me up etc etc You get the idea. I am exhausted.

So, maybe when I'm exhausted, I turn to food as well. Perhaps that's why I was starving a lot of today. For energy? Used to turn to chocolate on days like this...

2 comments:

  1. You are not eating enough protein that is why you are hungry. Most of what you are eating are carbs. If I have cereal/porrige for breakfast I'm starving in an hour. So try adding more protein, it will make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I hear what you're saying but I need quick breakfasts, in the morning, as the baby can cry the whole time I'm having breakfast. It makes breakfast time very stressful as I have nobody else home to help me and she can want to be held at that time.
    Sometimes I boil up two eggs and that's pretty filling. [They are protein, I know]
    Can you suggest any QUICK protein ones???
    Also, I'd be in withdrawal from sugar still and you'll feel like that for a while.

    ReplyDelete