Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Surviving sugary offerings and mistake?

At ABA (Australian Breastfeeding Association's coffee mornings/playgroup) yesterday, and today at playgroup, there were such many sugary offerings like cakes, slices, biscuits, muffins etc yet I told myself that they were poisonous foods that I used to eat. I am removing this toxin from the food I eat. Makes you realise, though, how much we all rely on those kind of foods when we take a food offering! All sugary 'treats' that are poisoning us!

I temporarily got excited today as somebody told me that their slice had no sugar in it. Wow! However, she went on to say that it had dried fruit in it, which is mostly fructose so is not allowed. The two pieces of fruit a day are less sugary than the dried versions.

For breakfast this morning, I had a small tin (220gms) of 'Heinz Baked Beanz in Ham Sauce', which is the only type of baked beans that I like/buy/eat. After I'd eaten  it, I thought to look at the sugar content per 100gms. It was 6.1gms. Is this too high? Not sure, as the book doesn't mention baked beans in there. Stew suspects that 6% may be too high but it's better than other options, isn't it? Sugar is the 4th ingredient! I really hate the baked beans in tomato sauce - yuk! - so would love to stick with this one to give me more breakfast options.

Speaking of breakfast options, in another post to this blog, I mentioned not wanting to have porridge without a little honey, especially before I'm finished withdrawal as I can't have dextrose yet. (By the way, we found some glucose powder/dextrose in the supermarket tonight so we're all ready) Friends have suggested having cinnamon sprinkled on it. This may be a good alternative. Will try it. One suggested cinnamon and banana. Sounds promising!

A new mum at playgroup has read his first book - called just 'Sweet Poison' - and liked it. She, at least, understood where I'm coming from though she does eat occasional sugar and hasn't fully implemented it successfully. Mind you, she is very slim but said she lost a lot of weight doing a similar thing - the Liver Cleansing Diet by Sandra Cabot. However, this is about health, as much as it is about losing weight, or else Stewy, as supportive as he wants to be, wouldn't be able to do it with me. He's already slim, trim and terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment