Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Journey to Sugar Awareness begins!

In 2010, my sister suggested that I may be suffering from sugar addiction. I wanted to read more about it but my local library service didn't have any books specifically on that. I found a book called, "Addiction-free naturally : liberating yourself from sugar, caffeine, food addictions, tobacco, alcohol, prescription drugs" by Brigitte Mars but would've preferred one specifically for sugar addiction. It was OK, though.

This year, 2011, my friend suggested that I read 'Sweet Poison' (1st book) and 'The Sweet Poison Quit Plan' (2nd Book) by David Gillespie. I placed a hold on it at the library but the second book came in first, which is all about how to implement it. Check out his site at: http://sweetpoison.com.au/ 

For once, an Aussie has written something about something I'm interested in, health-wise. It mentions Vegemite and things that we know about. Yay! I liked what I read so much that I went out and bought a copy of each book.

I absolutely love sugary foods and have a majorly sweet tooth. I'm still reading the book on how to do it but plan to implement becoming 'sugar-aware' on Monday, 14th February. It is a journey that I must take. My mum died of Diabetes related complications, as did her father. Her sister and brother - both still alive - have it too. Am over 40 now so it is time!

My husband suggested I write this. Thanks Stew! Hope I don't bore anybody with the journey. If all else fails, it should help to keep me on track!

5 comments:

  1. Ooo, exciting. So proud of you, one of the best things you'll ever do health wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he, thanks sis!
    Stew came up with the name...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you can see, I have a blog that I haven't written in for 2 years! So bad....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, can't wait to follow you as your journey to sugar freedom unfolds! Praying for you...... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ros. I surely need all the help I can get. This little piggy loves her sugar!
    Those days when it's just been awful, as a mum, I do love a chocolate fix.
    Well, this book is very convincing not to do that...

    ReplyDelete