Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Why Sugar Awareness lifestyle appeals to me...

Have finally got on my computer again at a time to be able to write!

I finished Gillespie's second book, the quit plan one, and have started on his first book -  called 'Sweet Poison': Why Sugar makes us fat'. It's superbly interesting, even for someone like me who dropped Science at the end of Year 10 and made sure her music lessons were in Science, before that. He explains it well and is a humorous writer. Boy, has he done his homework. It all makes sense to what I've previously read about health, GI diets etc

I've never really dieted before. I've tried to eat healthier, many times, but haven't ever followed a diet because they prescribed exactly what you needed to eat and I don't have turkey or waffles etc in my cupboard. I have always been interested in health, like many of my family members. I don't think diets are healthy, wise or practical. I once couldn't eat for 4 days due to a reaction to an injection and I ended up fainting. It was horrible! So, I'd try to eat healthy and then blow it, eventually, due to Chocolate etc

For the very first time, I've come across something that makes sense and appears do-able. I've always suspected that it has to be a lifestyle change or you'll just gain the weight back when you go back to your 'usual' style of eating. What he says makes sense and it does not prescribe what you have to eat. Anything extreme is unhealthy.

He lost 40kgs avoiding most of the fructose from what he ate. He still had 2 pieces of fruit a day, as you need some fructose. It took him 2 years to lose the 40kgs. He lost it slowly and healthily, about 1/2 kg a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment