Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 1 of being sugar aware

Today, thus far, I've had:
  • 2 boiled eggs with iodised salt (iodine needed for my breastfeeding children's brains)
  • Several cups of herbal tea. One hot water with 1/2 lemon squeezed in.
  • 2 cups Terry's Blend tea
  • 3 bits Chia bread with butter and ham.
  • 2 nectarines (you're allowed 2 pieces a day)
  • 2 handfuls nuts & seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, cashews and almonds)
  • Simple Beef Casserole (consisting of diced beef, large tin of tomatoes, onion, carrot, celery, mixed herbs and salt and pepper) and brown rice
I probably could've had less sweet fruit but it's all we have in our fruit bowl, at present. (Well, lemons are in there also but who wants to eat them plain) Had to pick out the currants in the nuts/seeds containers. I ADORE currants but they are dried fruit which are too sweet.

I was OK all day except for after I'd had the nectarines. I went a bit hungry and thought, "Gotta eat, what's about". Overcame that with the nuts/seeds until dinner.

Probably won't eat anything else unless Brooke brings home something savoury from Baker's Delight, where she's working this arvo/night.

I had way too much sugar last week. My body is probably dying to get rid of the poisonous stuff.

2 comments:

  1. That iodine in your salt is good for your brain too Fi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, even better. I was so concentrating on helping the babies, through my breastmilk, that I forgot about me. Because there was an article on iodine supplements in the ABA magazine a few months back, I take a daily supplement for the girls. (And me too, as you say!)

    ReplyDelete