Monday, April 4, 2011

7 weeks in

I now have lost over 5kg in weight. Yay! 7 weeks into this sugar awareness journey today. Very glad I am doing this. Stew has lost a little weight also but he really doesn't need to and could afford to gain a little.

Am not going hungry and am eating well. Have less of an appetite these days. After dinner, I try and clean my teeth, a lot of the time, so I'm not going to do mindless eating. I clean and floss every night - and hate it - so I don't want to do it twice hence it's a good deterrent from eating food I don't need.

We had two family meat pies for dinner tonight between us. (Well, there are 7 of us!) It's the first time we've had it since we started the sugar- awareness journey. I realise now that I'm not a big pie lover and used to enjoy them because they were covered in - what I now know is - sugary tomato sauce. (Thanks, Gillespie, as I didn't realise a 'savoury' thing like sauce had lotsa sugar!) I tried using tomato paste, watered down, but it just wasn't the same and I barely enjoyed the pies full stop! Such a shame as I used to love our family meat pies nights. We have them with steamed veggies and mashed potato. So sad!

Decided to have some sugar at Easter so bought a Darrell Lea "Our Famous Milk Chocolate Soft nougat egg" all ready for Easter Sunday. It's 150gms and the sugars are 58gms per 100gms. Wow! So I'm going to have 1 and a half times that on Easter Sunday. Sugar is the first ingredient! Cost me about $7.50. At this stage, I'm going to only have that, at Easter. Maybe also a bit of sugar on my Birthday, in August, and Christmas, as previously mentioned. Can't get complacent as don't wanna get addicted again. However, I want to have some on very rare occasions so I know I have the choice and usually choose NOT to. Each to their own. Will see how I go at Easter. I may go all sugar crazy so might have to miss it on my b'day and at Christmas.

Went for walks on 4 days last week. Weekend was busy so didn't get to, nor today. Will do it when I can. Not a slave to it. Depends on weather, doesn't it!

Had a hard, depressing day with the baby girls today. (One of them keeps taking their nappy off!) Used to turn to chocolate on days like this. Now, can't...won't...don't want to...  So, I have to cope via other strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment