Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Headache worsening, meat pies and blood test results

I wrote a blog over half an hour ago but got interrupted by the baby. My headache is worsening, and is getting right behind my eyes. Smart move to eat that egg, Fiona...NOT!

Last week, my weight got down to 76.7 on home scales. When I visited my doctor, her scales said 77.7kg but this was around lunchtime. I was trying to explain to her that when I weighed myself before eating, first thing in morning after toilet visit, it was 76.7kg. She laughed and said that she believed me. She said that she didn't care, anyway, as she was thrilled that it wasn't 84kg, which was what I had been on her scales a few years back when I had to get a medical for job I went for, and got, in 2007.

That high liver protein that made me have this further test two months later - ALP - was no longer 151 but was still high at 126. (It's supposed to be between 20 and 105). She said they'll test me yearly to keep an eye on it.  My sister said that sugar addiction can affect your liver in several ways, which is similar to what Gillespie found, from memory. Perhaps it has come down due to me eating far less fructose?

A few years ago, after I gave blood, the blood bank wrote to me to say that my Ferritin levels were low. (Ferritin is your iron stores) This time, it was 16 and it's mean to be between 15 and 165, so it's still on the low side. The doc asked me whether I ate meat. I do! Must take more care to eat iron rich products though...

In a previous blog, I said that meat pies without sauce is just not the same as I'd tried to water down tomato paste but it was yucky. Last night, we had 2 family meat pies shared among the 7 of us, again. Second time since fructose aware. This time, I didn't water down tomato paste. I just ate my pie slices without anything else. It was OK and I survived. I prefer to just do this from now on. Mind you, I could always make up the sauce recipes in the Sweet Poison Quit Plan if I really get desperate. Still miss the sauce taste but it really was the sugar in the sauce that I liked!

No comments:

Post a Comment