Monday, April 18, 2011

Weighty honesty!

Have been going now for over 2 months. 2 months my body has had a break - an unheard of break - from chocolate, biscuits, lollies, cake, ice cream etc Yay! I've lost weight but am thrilled about the health benefits more than the lost weight. Remember, I had a baby in 2009, and another 13mths later in 2010, both by c-section and I am breastfeeding both of them, currently. So, my body is doing a lot, as it is. Have 3 older kids, as well.

OK, I am going to bite the bullet and tell you my weight before I started this Sweet Poison healthy eating plan. I feel crazy for even thinking about it.

This is a conversation I had with Stew about it:
Me: Am thinking of putting my weight, before I started, on the Blog.
Stew: OK.
Me: You don't think that's crazy?
Stew: No. Why would I?
Me: Not being too honest?
Stew: No, I think it's OK...
Mind you, he's a male, and they aren't as funny about weights. Gee, it feels like I'm telling my students my age or something, which us older teachers, at 41, do NOT do!  (-:

OK. As far as I can tell, I was 83kg at the start!!! My old scales at home said about 81kg and they're about 2 under what they should be. At the end of the first week, my doctor weighed me and I weighed 81.7kg on her scales. Scales can vary. Maybe I was 82, who knows. The Australian Weight Watchers chart says that, at my height of 165/166cms, I should weigh 55-69kgs so I was quite overweight. I was actually in the OBESE category, even at 82kg, to give my old scales the benefit of the doubt. Ahhhh!!!
http://www.whathealth.com/bmi/chart-metric.html
http://www.hindustanlink.com/doctortex/heigthweight-women.htm

Here's how one site puts it, for my height as I'm 5 foot 5 and 3/4 so I'm putting both listings:
1.655554.0-58.157.6-61.260.3-65.8
1.685655.8-59.959.0-63.562.6-68.0
The three columns are for small, medium and large frame. I think I'm medium to large frame?

I always record my weight on Mondays. Here's my weight loss per week, though I occasionally weighed myself daily:

Starting weight was about 83kg on Feb 14th, 2011
After 1 week, 21st Feb: 81.2
After 2 weeks, 28th Feb : 80.6kg
After 3 weeks, 7th March: 79.6kg
After 4 weeks, 14th March: 79.3kg
After 5 weeks, 21st March: 78.9kg
After 6 weeks, 28th March: 78.4kg
After 7 weeks, 4th April: 77.3kg
[skipped week for S.A. trip. No access to same scales so didn't bother weighing self]
After 9 weeks, 18th April: 76.7kg

26th January, 2011. Australia Day breakfast, squinting into the camera lens as no sunnies.
So, I have now lost 6kg. Was worried about the holiday. Besides the strawberry feast I mentioned in the last blog, I was very good about avoiding fructose but, being on holidays, it was hard to stick to the usual routines. I think I ate more overall etc Oh well, I still lost 600gms over the two weeks.  One of my friends is only going to weigh herself every 2 weeks. Maybe that's worth a try. Daily can do your head in.


Me on 12th January, 2011, double chin and all. Mind you, it's not always that bad but can look bad if you get me from the wrong angle.

I hope you don't think less of me for my confession. From now on, will report my weekly Monday weight on my Blog too. If that doesn't keep me honest, I don't know what will!

No comments:

Post a Comment