Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A yummy cake!

Stewy tried again to make a cake out of the Quit Plan. He made the Cinnamon Teacake and it was soooo yummy! I loved it. He broke my heart and took a slice for a guy at work to try. (I could've eaten it the next day) The other cake he made didn't impress me that much but this was awesome. I AM big fan of cinnamon though. Well done to Gillespie's wife who invented these recipes. (Well, I think he said it was her as he said he wasn't a good cook. Might be like me. I love to eat but not to cook. I do what I have to)
My2yr old daughter eating her cake, in her PJs.

Sorry the photo is a bit blurry and small but I copied if off the photo he put onto Facebook to show people. He used his iPhone to take it. [They don't take as good photos as a 'proper' camera!]
Stew made hamburgers for dinner tonight. Hamburger rolls, meat patties Stew makes up himself, onions, fried egg, bacon, cheese slices, lettuce, tomatoes...and...no sauce...but mashed avocado. So, it's Sweet Poison friendly!  (-:    Last night, I made a slow cooker meal. 'Beef in red wine casserole' or some name like that, as the flavour packet said. We served it with brown rice and steamed veggies.

Yesterday was a Monday, so I have to report my weight. It was 75.8, as it was today too. At least, it wasn't back up into the 76 range. Still, last week, it got down to 74.8. I must be still on that plateau range. Still, if it slowly goes down most weeks, I'll be happy, even if it's only a little.

Next 20 reasons why sugar is bad for you, so we're up to 100:
  1. Sugar can contribute to Alzheimer's disease.
  2. Sugar can cause platelet adhesiveness, which causes blood clots.
  3. Sugar can cause hormonal imbalance - some hormones become underactive and others become reactive.
  4. Sugar can lead to the formation of kidney stones.
  5. Sugar can cause free radicals and oxidative stress.
  6. Sugar can lead to biliary tract cancer.
  7. Sugar increases the risk of pregnant adolescents delivering a small-for-gestational-age (SGA) infant.
  8. Sugar can lead to a substantial decrease in the length of pregnancy among adolescents.
  9. Sugar slow's food's travel time through the gastrointestinal tract.
  10. Sugar increases the concentration of bile acids in stool and bacterial enzymes in the colon, which can modify bile to produce cancer-causing compounds and colon cancer.
  11. Sugar  increases estradiol (the most potent form of naturally occurring estrogen) in men.
  12. Sugar combines with and destroys phosphatase, an enzyme, which makes digestion more difficult.
  13. Sugar can be a risk factor for gallbladder cancer.
  14. Sugar is an addictive substance.
  15. Sugar can be intoxicating, similar to alcohol.
  16. Sugar can aggravate premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
  17. Sugar can decrease emotional stability.
  18. Sugar promotes excessive food intake in obese people.
  19. Sugar can worsen the symptoms of children with attention deficit disorder (ADD).
  20. Sugar can slow the ability of the adrenal glands to function.
Gee, look at number 18. What chance have us 'fat' people got? It makes us want to eat more! 19 has definitely been proved, as we all know the effects of sugar on any child, let alone one with that disorder. I was told that chocolate helps with PMS but look at number 16!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment