Tuesday, May 10, 2011

After Mother's Day

On Mother's Day, we decided to do party food is for parties, which is one of Gillespie's rules. We had some honey on our one and a half crumpets each. Yum! We'd missed honey. First honey since Feb 14th. That was all the fructose I was going to have but then it rained and all our plans for going out were ruined. Was a bit depressed, so had more 'party food' of about 8-10 chocolate squares. That was some chocolate I'd hidden away, from before my Sweet Poison journey started, to enjoy on my b'day in August. Had a mild headache for a few hours afterwards.

For dinner, we went to a Sofia's restaurant to have our favourite chicken, pumpkin, cream etc risotto but the chefs wouldn't make the recipe to our usual alteration (it's meant to have mushrooms, not pumpkin) due to being busy on Mother's Day. I was very disappointed. What to have instead! Pizzas probably have sugary tomato sauce on top of the bases. Ended up with a chicken and avocado creamy dish. I do love Italian food!

The last week, my weight has done this, which is very annoying:
  • Monday 2nd May - 76.2kgs
  • Tuesday 3rd - 75.8
  • Wednesday 4th - 75.6
  • Thursday 5th - 75.9
  • Friday 6th - 75.5
  • Saturday 7th -  75.5
  • Mother's Day, Sunday 8th - 76.1
  • Monday 9th - 76.5
  • Tuesday 10th - 76.5
Stayed down in the 75s but then jumped back up and has stayed up. This means, Monday to Monday, I've actually gained 300gms. From the honey and chocolate on Mother's Day??? It's been cold here so I think I've been eating more. I get sooooo hungry breastfeeding the two baby girls - aged 2 and 11mths/9mths corrected - and want to eat. I don't have fructosey treats. I've confessed, here on my Blog, anytime I've eaten the 'wrong' thing.

My friend doing Weight Watcher's plateaued for a month and has only just dropped down further. Maybe my weight is just going to plateau for a while? Well, I'm just going to plug away. Reminds me of how those Amway people say, "Just keep showing the plan", even if nobody listens and they feel depressed. Well, I'm just going to keep "going on my journey", even if the weight doesn't fall off and I get a bit depressed. It's not about weight, in full, so it's still worth it. I enjoy the food we can eat, on the whole, though I do miss honey and chocolate sometimes.

More reasons why sugar is bad for you, so we're up to 60:
  1. Sugar can cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity.
  2. Sugar can lower the amount of Vitamin E in the blood.
  3. Sugar can decrease the amount of growth hormones in the body.
  4. Sugar can increase cholesterol.
  5. Sugar increases advanced glycation and products (AGEs), which form when sugar binds non-enzymatically to protein.
  6. Sugar can interfere with the absorption of protein.
  7. Sugar causes food allergies.
  8. Sugar can contribute to diabetes
  9. Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy.
  10. Sugar can lead to eczema in children.
  11. Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease.
  12. Sugar can impair the structure of DNA.
  13. Sugar can change the structure of protein.
  14. Sugar can make the skin wrinkle by changing the structure of collagen.
  15. Sugar can cause cataracts.
  16. Sugar can cause emphysema.
  17. Sugar can cause atherosclerosis.
  18. Sugar can promote an elevation of low-density lipoproteins (LDL)
  19. Sugar can impair the psychological homeostasis of many systems in the body.
  20. Sugar lowers enzymes ability to function.

No comments:

Post a Comment