Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday musings

Today's weight, it being a Monday and all: 76.2kg. (Of course, for 4 days, it's been in the 75kg range but the day when I have to tell you, it's up a bit!  LOL)

Yesterdays' food, just in case you're interested, and it was not necessarily a good day or anything:

Breakfast: 2 big mugs herbal teas, and 1 hot water with 1/2 lemon squeezed in
                Sweet Poison muesli with Brewer's Yeast and Wheat Germ
                1 Croissant with cheese

Lunch: 1 slice toast with Peanut Butter (no added sugar/salt)
           1 slice toast with mashed avocado
            2 boiled eggs with some iodised salt (good for brain)

Arvo tea: 2 handfuls of nuts & seeds, some pear and orange  (shared with my babies)

Dinner: Chicken Cacciatore, pasta, steamed veg

Dessert, which is very rare: 2 slices of Sweet Poison butter cake (made with glucose/no sugar etc)

Stew, for his b'day on Saturday, decided to make a cake out of The Sweet Poison Quit Plan. The icing was just plain cream, made up with a little glucose. Whole thing wasn't sweet enough for me so I didn't really enjoy it much. Mind you, I had had some sugar (those darn Easter eggs) in the last two weeks so the glucose wouldn't taste sweet enough yet. I've never been a big cake eater, though I always ate it when offered! Wouldn't buy them, usually, except for b'days. My friend's biscuits tasted sweeter, when she made some Sweet Poison ones. I acknowledge that cake etc only used to be so yummy for the sugar hit. Without sugar, I realise I was just eating it for the sake of it. Wasn't to die for, or anything!

It has confirmed my opinion that I'm in no rush to make the biscuits/cakes/ice cream etc recipes in Sweet Poison as I'm not that keen. Have been such a sweet-eater for so long that I am enjoying the savoury stuff and just the sweetness in fruit/veg naturally etc Some people need to eat those things to feel happy but I'm so enjoying my love affair with avocados that stuff like that can wait. Food tastes so much more yummy these days anyway. Yes, even the savoury stuff, as I just so enjoy it for its own taste.



Reasons 11 to 20 for why Sugar is ruining your health. Sorry, couldn't make the bullets go 11 to 20 and can't be bothered typing them up myself:
  1. Sugar causes a decline in tissue elasticity and fuction - the more sugar you eat, the more elasticity and function you lose.
  2. Sugar reduces high-density lipoproteins (HDL)
  3. Sugar can lead to a chromium deficiency.
  4. Sugar can lead to ovarian cancer.
  5. Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose.
  6. Sugar causes copper deficiency.
  7. Sugar interferes with the body's absorption of calcium and magnesium
  8. Sugar may make eyes more vulnerable to age-related macular degeneration.
  9. Sugar raises the level of neurotransmitters: dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine
  10. Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment