Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May the Fourth be with you!

Regardless of what date Blogger puts on this, it's Wednesday night, May 4th, here in Melbourne, Australia. What a day! Amy, my second youngest, has been chucking on/off since last night. She hadn't vomited yet today so I thought I'd pop up to the shops. Got her out of the car, into the pram, walking into the shops, and...blah! She vomited down herself. Lucky I have a spare change of clothes for her, in my bag. Didn't feel like any food to eat, after that! The baby is also sick and so am I. We've had colds since last week, the three of us. Why am I telling you this? Well, in days gone by, maybe I'd have turned to chocolate on such a hard day/days like this/these but now, I don't. Not out of willpower but for my health and the benefits to my body... Why would you eat sugar, with the below list to scare you silly!?!?

Here are more ways sugar is bad for you. This is the next 20, so we're up to 40 in Appleton's book:
  1. Sugar can lead to an acidic digestive tract.
  2. Sugar can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline levels in children.
  3. Sugar is frequently malabsorbed in patients with functional bowel disease.
  4. Sugar can cause premature aging.
  5. Sugar can lead to alcoholism.
  6. Sugar can cause tooth decay.
  7. Sugar can lead to obesity.
  8. Sugar increases the risk of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
  9. Sugar can cause gastric or duodenal ulcers.
  10. Sugar can cause arthritis.
  11. Sugar can cause learning disorders in school children.
  12. Sugar assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida Albicans (yeast infections)
  13. Sugar can cause gallstones.
  14. Sugar can cause heart disease.
  15. Sucar can cause appendicitis.
  16. Sugar can cause haemorrhoids.
  17. Sugar can cause varicose veins.
  18. Sugar can lead to periodontal disease.
  19. Sugar can contribute to osteoprosis
  20. Sugar contributes to saliva acidity.
Number 17 is interesting. Varicose veins run in my family, on both sides. I've already had one leg 'stripped' but the doc warned they could come back if I didn't lose weight, or if I got pregnant again. Both of those happened so I have varicose veins again, in that leg, though not as badly. (I never dreamed, back then, we'd go back for more babies) Number 16 also runs in my family but I've not been bugged by them, thank goodness! Remember, I said in an early blog, that a doctor in the USA believes that haemorrhoids would be pretty much wiped out if people stopped being obese. He meant the ones caused by being overweight, not from having babies, like some of my friends have had. Number 4 warns of premature aging! Ahhhh! Who wants that.

Sugar, you really can be evil! However, it's our fault for over-consuming you and the manufacturers for making it hard not to consume you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment