Sunday, July 3, 2011

Protein-y lunches

In trying to eat less bread, I am trying to think of bread-less lunches to eat. Now that the baby is older, it might be easier to make some lunches that take longer to make than just slapping a sandwich or two, together. (I was lucky to do that, some days, as she'd just cry the whole time, often)

Twice this week, I had a 'salad', consisting of:

1x95g tin Tuna (in springwater)
2 boiled eggs, diced
whole egg mayo
diced avocado, carrot, red capsicum and celery

It was absolutely delicious and very filling, so I didn't get hungry afterwards. I posted that I had that for lunch, on Facebook, and someone wrote, "All you need is bread to make it perfect lunch!" D'oh! LOL  Had to explain that I'm trying to avoid bread...

Even if I did have 2 sandwiches, I often felt like I could have more, afterwards. Protein really is more filling, as my sister kept telling me. Still, missing the bread though. Making the babies' sandwiches, makes me long for it, sometimes.

Another day, I had one of those Campbell pumpkin soup thingies that come in the Tetra Brick containers. That was a yummy lunch.

Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment