Monday, June 27, 2011

Chai tea not Sweet Poison friendly???


Back from Sydney, definitely, and our computer hassles, I hope. Gee, could have easily thrown my laptop out the window!!!

In Sydney, my lovely sister Michelle shouted me lunch. Then, she told me I was welcome to have a tea/coffee/hot chocolate etc It's been months since I had a Chai Latte so I asked to have that please. It was sooo nice that I had another one, that weekend, back here in Melbourne after church. Again, just lovely. If I have a choice, I get the lovely spicy one, not the Vanilla one. Stew thought it tasted too nice so asked to see the tins they use for the Chai powder. One said about 50% sugar (Vanilla) per 100gms and the other said 60% (Spicy). Wow! No wonder it tasted nice. I was crushed that there truly is nothing I can order when out. No wonder I haven't had a Chai Latte since before I began this. Maybe I looked into it but forgot.

Anyway, the next week at playgroup, someone offered me a Chai Latte sachet (think it was Lipton's) in a different brand. I asked to examine the box's details and it said 'only' 6.6 per 100gms. This seemed OK - as I assumed some of the sugar would be for the lactose in the milk as you didn't need to add milk -  so I had it. After I'd drunk it, I examined the box and it said that per serving sugar is 16.6. I'm a bit confused and so is Stewart. Is it OK or not? Probaby not, as sugar was the second ingredient, from memory.

Weight is still around 74kg. Went down to 73.6 for a while but then went back and is hovering around that. It's not that good but not bad either, considering we went away and ate a lot of stuff (NOT sweet) on the long car drives to Sydney and back. Often we ate, not out of hunger, but just to keep the baby girls entertained so we could arrive sooner.

I realise that I eat too much bread. Very easy to do when your daughter works at Baker's Delight and brings home the most delicious stuff. Have always loved bread. Boo hoo!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fi,

    My husband and I have the same problem- nothing much to drink when we go out for 'coffee'. We often have just chai tea- not the chai lattes. They're just the spice mix and hot water, and they're fine. :-) Also, you can ask for some places to make the chai tea on frothed milk. Most places are happy to do that, and you get the chai latte without any sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always try herbal tea when you're out. Peppermint is my favourite! I assume it's ok...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since 1984, when I turned 15, I've not drunk coffee and tea. Well, I started to drink black tea again sometimes, in January of this year.
    I have herbal teas all the time, at home.

    I've never tried to have one, when out. Do they charge you much for one? Just interested in how it works.

    I usually love peppermint tea but can't have it currently, as I'm breastfeeding, and it's mean to decrease milk, or so some expert in the USA says. Until otherwise notified, will avoid it, at present.

    Thanks for yor suggestions...

    ReplyDelete