Thursday, July 28, 2011

Finally, a blog again!

Sick babies are tiring! Blah! Computer problems are horrible. Blah! They conspired against my blogging.

This was taken on 14th June, 2011, in Sydney. Hopefully my face is starting to look a bit slimmer in photos??? I notice a difference, in the mirror, but photos always make one look fat! Stew says it's coming off all over, slowly but surely. If only the next 10kg would just fall off!!! LOL


Well, still just plodding away. Still doing the Sweet Poison journey. It's still around 10kg lost, which is around 73kg. Somedays, it's even been down to 72.7 etc Have never 'dieted' before - if you can call this dieting - so am most pleased that I've stuck to it for over 5 months. Am loving it, overall, and very glad that I read the books and had my life changed.

Since Easter, have had no chocolate. Only 'sins' I've done, since then, have been a crumpet with honey on it, around once a month. Yum! The honey just drizzles down through those little, wicked holes...Quick, stop me thinking about them!

My 42nd birthday is on August 9th. We've just booked into the Melba Brasserie at the Langham hotel in the city, on Southbank, here in 'sunny' old Melbourne. I love that place! [My friend got me onto it back in the 90s, when we lived on the Gold Coast. She took me to the Sheraton's Melba, there, and I was hooked. I digress...] Luckily, I hate their desserts and only go for their yummy mains. Their desserts are too fancy or horrible - like truffles - unless you count the plain old yummy ice cream with melted chocolate to drizzle over it.

However, I do want to have a few 'treats' that birthday week. Maybe ice cream, thickshake or something. I've already bought (last Sunday) the Cherry Ripe that I'll eat. It's up in the cupboard. Hubby was worried that I'd eat it ASAP but I am quite happy to wait. It's quite nice to plan the few things I'll allow myself. I guess, instead of doing the 'Party food is for parties', I will do a few things a few times a year.

I confess that I am looking forward to it! Bring on that birthday week! Shameful, I know. I really do miss chocolate, sometimes. Must have a big emotional attachment, or something. Silly to look forward to having poison, I know, but it's what keeps me going, sometimes. Knowing I can eat it, if I want to, but I choose not to and will only have it at certain times. Never knew I had willpower, til now!

If I feel disgusting after it, who know whether I will change my ideas of next 'splurging' at Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment