Saturday, June 11, 2011

1st ever recipe for you

I was looking for recipes on the below website to help me use my slow cooker more, instead of  just the packets you can get. I found this recipe and used it, with a few changes. I will type it up for you so it says dextrose instead of sugar.

I used to love my mums Baked Rice Custard. I know, this doesn't have the custard bit but was still nice!

I adapted this from http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/
Here is the exact link, which gives you the original recipe and not how I changed it: http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Old-Fashioned-Slow-Cooker-Rice-Pudding-L3180.html
Of course, it had sugar in it so I just used dextrose instead. I doubled it.

Old Fashioned Slow Cooker Rice Pudding

3/4 cup long-grain white rice
3 cups milk
1/2 cup dextrose
1/4 teasppoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons butter, diced
  1. In a colander, rinse rice thoroughly under cold water.
  2. Put in lightly greased slow cooker
  3. Add remaining ingredients, except for butter, and stir to combine.
  4. Sprinkle butter over rice mixture
  5. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until rice has absorbed the liquid.
  6. Serve warm.
Notes: I doubled it and added an extra cup of milk after reading the comments of others, on the website, which meant 7 cups of milk! I put in 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence. My friend said she adds a grating of lemon rind and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Apparently, it can work with Soy Milk. You can swap a cup of milk for cream etc It's worth reading the comments that others put. I wrote a comment on there, under 'Ferndene'.

No comments:

Post a Comment