Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cold weather = Hunger

When it's cold, like now, I just get sooo hungry that it's hard not to eat extra food. Food that I don't really need or can burn off easily. However, it's so very hard when you are feeling hungry. Am pretty sure that my 'appetite control switch' does work so it must just be the cold. Also, the rainy weather makes it hard to go for walks to naturally use up some calories, enjoy the outside and get feel-good Vitamin D. The cold does too as I have to drag the baby girls out in the twin pram so don't want them to freeze to death!

Today, for instance, is an example of how the cold affects me. Being a Saturday, to break things up a bit, I had different meals for each meal time. For breakfast, I had 'lunch' type things: 2 pieces of buttered toast with Peanut Butter (no added salt or sugar) and a cheese croissant. For lunch, I had dinner type things: Slow Cooker Lamb & Veg casserole with pasta. For dinner, I had breakfast type things: Porridge with diced pear, milk, cinnamon, Wheat Germ, LSA & Linseeds. However, after dinner I still felt hungry so I had 2 pieces of toast with Peanut Butter again. Could've eaten more but didn't. At lunch, Stew and the boys had buttered bread with their casserole but I didn't. However, I felt hungry before we went off to the 4pm church service so I had 3 sesame Vita Wheats with cheese on them. Before lunch, I had some purple grapes as my second piece of fruit for the day, knowing I'd have pear with my porridge later.

Bowl of Porridge


Had an interesting conversation with my son the other day. This is with my youngest who is not doing this sugar-aware journey. I told him that I feel like I've found the secret to losing weight that suits me. Yay! I said that I wasn't suffering or going without but am losing weight. He reminded me that I AM going without as I'm not having sugary foods. You see, to him, I am being deprived. I explained that I don't see it like that anymore and explained that part of the Quit Plan book tells you how to change the way you view the situation so you can cope with the 'deprivation'. I also said that now I'm not addicted, it's really not that bad at all. Only very rarely, do I get a brief yearning for chocolate or something, like when an advertisement comes on TV for something I previously loved. Reality steps in and reminds me that it's poison, and I'm fine again!

My new scales are digital but maybe are dodgy?

My weight today is 74.1kg. Have decided to report my weight only every 2 weeks as I'm tired of the fluctuation. Can be a big difference. Either my new scales are dodgy or this is ridiculous. We're going away for some of next week so probably won't get to weigh myself from Monday 13th (Queen's B'day public holiday) until next Saturday so may change the reporting day to Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment