Saturday, March 24, 2012

Don't criticise it!

Someone had this on the internet:

I Quit Sugar (and I hated it)

I had previously posted it in full but, apparently, that breaks copyright even if you acknowledge the source. My bad! Oops! Sorry anyone offended by this. Hope it's OK to just put the link up?

Here is my response to it:



You obviously didn't break your addiction properly so it's sad that you didn't keep going.
I started the 'Sweet Poison' way of eating on Valentine's Day, 2011, and am still doing it. It has changed my life! I've lost weight, feel better, get less health problems etc I am a mother of 5 and am 42 years old. Less headaches, wind etc for me!

Before I started it, I was a big chocaholic!!!!!!

If you craved chocolate etc that much then I think 2 things would help:
- You need to do that Necker Cube flip that David talks about. Don't see it that you're being deprived or it'll never work. (Which is why, it didn't work for you. You feel too deprived so went back to it.
- Give it a lot longer. Obviously, you need longer than you left it, to become un-addicted.

I allow myself a bit of honey once a month, on crumpets etc I also allow myself 'relaxed eating' around Easter, my birthday (August) and Christmas. Only for a few days. At Christmas, it was a week or so ie. I had pavlova and ate whatever on Christmas Day etc

The rest of the time, I just say no. I may feel a twinge of regret, for the old greedy me who would've had one to three brownies being passed etc, but I feel so much better overall.
Just because it didn't work for you, please don't knock a way of life that has changed many people's lives. You didn't give it long enough!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I was a bit harsh to her but it gets me mad. David is getting a great message out and how dare she ignorantly bag it/him!

Now I've returned to my job as a P/T high school English teacher, this year, I have less time for everything. Still 'Sweet Poison' though. OK, once a month, I have a piece of cake at the secondary staff meeting. I decided to do that, at present, so I eased my way back into work. I refuse every other delicious morsel offered, at work. Don't like the headaches I get afterwards, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment